Saturday 17 March 2018

Less is More Challenge #367

Good morning!

At Less is More it's new challenge day and we're back with a One Layer challenge for the next fortnight.  I'll get straight to it with the details...




Our March sponsor is STAMPlorations and the fabulous Shery is joining in the fun as our Guest Designer for this challenge, so please do pop over and say hi!



I have two sample cards for you, here is the first...


For this one I used watercolour card as my card base.  I laid the stencil over it and very gently sprinkled some Brusho pigment crystals over the apertures of the stencil.  I then spritzed with a mist of water and immediately removed the stencil to stop the water running underneath.  Once dry I stamped the sentiment alongside in black ink.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Hydrangea - free with Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings II
  • Ink: Brusho - Purple, Leaf Green; Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

Color Throwdown - Challenge #484 - Green, Eggplant and White




I chose a coloured card base for my second card...


I placed a daisy stencil along the base of the card base and inked through with white pigment ink.  Then just on the flower centres I inked over with an orange/yellow ink.  After removing the stencil the sentiment was then overstamped in black.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Imagination Crafts - Butterfy and Daisy
  • Ink: Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versa Color - Marigold; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Concord & 9th - Hello Lovely

Challenge entries:

Cards in Envy - Green Things Card Challenge
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #195 - Going Green
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #18 - Anything Goes




Over on the main challenge blog my teamies are sharing some great projects and there may also be more inspiration if you follow the links to their blogs too.  I hope you play along with us.

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I almost never think to use coloured card bases. Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome cards, Anita ! Absolutely in love with your first card, this watercolour look with the Brushos is so beautiful. What brand of watercolour paper do you use, it seems so white ? And these daisies are lovely too and the sentiment very beautiful. Have a fabulous weekend without snow ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are just lovely! I'll have to try the Brusho technique over a stencil! The daisy card is stunning and very soft looking. Thanks for sharing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful stencils. I love how you have used both. I can see I need to get more stencils, they are so pretty. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and some techniques I now want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work such magic with florals teamie. Love both of these and I'd never have thought of using either technique. Fabulous effects. Love the deep green cardstock on your LIM one - those blooms pop like crazy off it. You were seriously brave with brushos on the other one. So neat with those messy little dusty things!!! Great work as ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both absolutely beautiful and I especially love the one with brushos -so pretty and artsy looking!! Amazing that the edged of the images remained so clean and clear! I definitely want to try this technique. Two floral beauties that will cheer anyone's day! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super stencil work, Anita. Your Brusho watercolor card is gorgeous. Great job not losing the details of the hydrangea. Your green daisy card is delightful. Love the simple design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've given us a duo of delightfulness this week Anita! Love the freedom of colour in your brusho card as it adds so much depth to a one layer (I can never get that technique right!) And your soft inking on the coloured card base is really beautiful too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your simple design. What a great way to make a quick and very pretty card using stencils. Thanks for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Going Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...